Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Joys of Being Ill

SO I'm sick today. I wasn't feeling well most of this week, and today it was bad enough for me to leave school at noon. Basically I laid in bed for three hours and only slept for 45 minutes. It was a super fun time. But I guess it was better than stoichiometry in chem or indirect objects in Spanish.

Along with the plague, I have a severe case of writers block, and am really struggling to come up with an idea for my story. School is so frustrating! Well I guess I'll keep my eye on the prize and keep counting down until Greece. 10 DAYS!

All the Pretty Horses is done. I'm kind of glad because I don't always have to read at night, but I really did enjoy the book. I think that with any school book it becomes kind of a burden, reading to page X in one night, etc. I enjoy leisure reading more (who doesn't). I guess the ending of ATPH was a good one, because it leaves the reader wanting more, and with more questions than ever. I want to know what happens to John Grady and what he ends up doing with his life. Will he return to Alejandra and run off with her? Will he leave the U.S. - since he said himself that it 'isn't his country'? How does his relationship with his mother end up? What does Rawlins do?

These are questions that can't really be answered, only assumed. Oh well I'll get over it. Enough blogging for now, my headache is getting worse.

No comments: