Thursday, March 20, 2008

New Developments

So it turns out that the plague is actually influenza. This morning I woke up around 7:20 feeling horrible, my parents told me to go back to bed, and I slept until about 9 am. Then I went to the doctor at 10, where I was diagnosed with the flu. I'm contagious for the weekend, and I'm not able to go to school tomorrow. Supposedly I am allowed to return on Monday, and I feel like I have to since it is the end of the quarter and I've missed two and a half days of school already. But, my grandma thinks that I should stay home all week so I can rest and be better for Greece.

My doctor said that if I was going on a trip to the North Shore or something she would advise me not to go, but since it is a trip to Greece, I should go and risk being sore, lacking energy, etc. There is no way on earth that I would miss this trip and I'm going to do everything I can in order to get better.

The only reason I am on the computer is because I need to get my last two blogs in. I haven't been able to work on my chemistry write up or the English story because I literally slept all day today, and being in front of a computer screen would undoubtedly make my already aching head worse. I took an Advil earlier today, and it seemed to relieve most of my headache, and I'm actually feeling a lot better. I still have a fever of 100 though.

So thats the latest update on my health, not that its that important to anyone but me. I guess its good for my teachers to know, but since Mrs. West is the only one who reads this, I'll probably have to send out an email tomorrow to get assignments, ask for extensions, etc.

I hate being sick.

No comments: